Carried out organisational capacity assessment and strengthening of the institution in the areas of governance, financial management, human resources support, and administration:
- Supported Walimu carry out an Organization Capacity Assessment in order to increase opportunities and strengthen organization systems as a requisite for meeting Walimu’s desired goals better.
- Supported Walimu management in the process of hiring, induction, mentorship of a highly qualified Finance and Administration Manager/Resource Mobiliser responsible for providing Walimu with overall oversight of the finance and administrative operations and ensuring compliance with organizational policies and procedures and statutory as well as donor requirements.
- Supported Walimu facilitate the development of Walimu strategic plan, finalized organization’s vision/mission, reviewed the organization structure and developed a master budget.
- Reviewed the Walimu constitution and made appropriate amendments
- In collaboration with the management of Walimu, organized Governance training for Board and management team as well as developing a Board Charter.
- Supported Walimu to review and finalize all draft policies ensuring they are comprehensive and compliant to donor and statutory requirements as well as facilitated the dissemination of finalized policies to staff.
- In collaboration with the management of Walimu, organized supportive and didactic training/mentorship in various financial and grants management aspects; including tailored compliance training, orientation on tax matters, financial reporting, reserve maintenance, cost recovery, implementation of audit recommendations, internal financial reviews, developed of shared cost policy and sub-grant management policy.
- Supported the Walimu team to strengthen the overall finance management systems and to provide support and oversight in QuickBooks System improvement including Upgrade of current QuickBooks, QuickBooks training, database clean up, and QuickBooks process improvement and development of QuickBooks Manual.
- Supported Walimu in the overall implementation of recommendations highlighted in the OCA action plan that was an outcome of the OCA process of Walimu facilitated by GRAMS